View Single Post
Old 10-23-2021, 01:59 PM   #27
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real BigGuy View Post
If one dies from a disease/health issue “with Covid”, and Covid is a contributor to one’s death because it caused additional problems, and one may have survived if not for the additional problems brought on by Covid, is that really different than dying “from Covid”? Seems like you are really searching hard for a rationalization.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Not searching at all, and no question in my mind whatsoever.

Way too many deaths are being formally recorded as COVID deaths using a standard not previously used.

Terminal cancer patients who were end-stage and caught a cold in their last days were never in the past listed as having died from head colds. Murder - suicide victims who had the flu, were never listed in the past as having died from the flu. Someone run over by a bus was never in the past listed as dying from anything other than being run over by a bus.

But today, if during the autopsy they determine you test positive for COVID, nothing else matters, you will be recorded as a COVID death.

So in my mind it is an inexcusable tragedy and an injustice that anyone who is end-stage with terminal cancer should be listed as a COVID death. Cancer patients endure so much that in is unthinkable you would simply chalk up their death to COVID, only because they caught COVID in their last days.

Dont they at least deserve to have us say they put up a hard fought battle against cancer and fought it until they were weakend by COVID allowing the cancer to overtake them. No clearly that would not serve the current need to make COVID the most horrid medical event since the black plague. Sorry as a COVID survivor I will be the first to say it was awful, but my suffering cannot compare with what I have seen any average cancer patient suffer.

I will fully acknowledge that there are many COVID patients who were even worse off than me (and I was in a really bad way when I had it) but compared to what I have seen every cancer patient I have even known suffer, COVID is not comparable.

I hope that is reasonably clear,,,

This subject is really growing annoying to the point of being really dysfunctional. Its a bit like the celebrity worship and obsession we have in America, but where real life matters are now being overshadowed by fantasy and infatuation with the morbid.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to XCR-700 For This Useful Post: