Thread: Rain
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2021, 03:08 PM   #16
Winilyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
We've been doing everything normal, with just a bit more attention paid to timing. For example, I went hiking with a friend Thursday AM and took the ski out Thursday night. Wednesday, when it was raining, I did some shopping for firearms accessories, watched Braveheart, and read a book (I'm on #7 since school ended!). Yesterday, with the clear and calm night, we had a campfire.

It's definitely not been as easy as it was last summer, but living in the area makes it soooo much easier to get out when able rather than when necessary.

Maybe you should set up a forum dining out event for the next rainy afternoon!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I'm with Biggd though for me, it's more about the timing of the rain than anything else - and the much cooler than normal temperatures. Too many days in the 60s and 70s; so few in the 80s and 90s. Think...you are fortunate to have the summer off (at least it sounds like that's the case). Most don't have that option and, like me, desperately want the weekends to be nice so we can enjoy the limited seasonal time we have here.

I believe July 21 or thereabouts is the average warmest day of the year - 83 or 84. According to the Weather Channel, in July so far, we've had no days in the 90s, 3 in the 80s, 9 in the 70s, 3 in the 60s, and one in the 50s. Also, 12 of those days were (at least somewhat) rainy. I know only too well as I took July 1 - 11 off. We had five days with reasonable sun and another five were soakers. I would have aborted those days if I could have. Finally, to pile on, the forecast for the next two weeks is for all days to be in the mid-70s with one loner in the 80s.

Gloom, despair and agony on me
Deep dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair and agony on me
Winilyme is offline   Reply With Quote