View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 07:00 AM   #10
no-engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilproject View Post
The answer to this question is simple. Stop taxing property and start taxing consumption (sales tax) and income. Declare your residency in one state and vote there. Those that live in a state have more at stake than just how their money is spent. I know someone will say these are regressive taxes but there are ways to address taxes on the not so well off such as a rebate of consumption taxes through income tax filings for low income people.
The NH legislatures don't "get it". However, once a sales tax always a sales tax; then cities & towns add tax on to. Like Vail, CO has a sales tax on top of the state sales tax!

I am not in State offices in Concord in any fashion. I don't think those "lawmakers" read forums like this. NH does tax all sorts of items, like un-earned income, interest & dividends. Fees for all sorts of things get increased as a "band-aide" approach to the budget. Like not long ago, they planned as toll both on i-93 in Salem - a nice dis-incentive to cross the border!!! We could go on and on & on.