View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 08:10 PM   #5
pcmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sail30 View Post
Besides I'm sending this from a smart phone so please forgive me if I take a few short cuts in my grammar.
Sheesh, sent from a smart phone... No excuses. Now, sent from a dumb phone... Well then maybe we all could let it slide.

Totally kidding with everyone !

I am a current 2nd summer boater, so I am very new to this. From reading the forums here l have found the people of Winni watch for rule breakers very closely. Last summer we had a friend join us who is a boater with a license. He would enjoy small CT lakes, rivers, and the L. I. Sound. When he took the wheel of our boat and I repeatedly told him to give more room between boats, explaining the 150' rule, he could only respond in disbelief saying, "Really, no one is able to do that all of the time." My only point here is pointing out that it seems most boaters that learn on smaller lakes might not have conditions that allow 150' so they make do. As with the anchoring, maybe the other boaters, mentioned above, have never been in situation to anchor properly where they normally enjoy boating. As long as they don't loose the boat, it must be anchored right.

For a disclaimer : I too am writing from my smart phone. Any mistakes found are to brought up with my phone, don't bother me, I already know I make mistakes.
Sponsored Links