Thread: Ice update 2/27
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2023, 07:20 AM   #77
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
It was purchased in 2012 for $1,247,000 so I guess that "more than a million island" would now be correct.

It used to use a generator for electricity but the new owners ran electric service out from the mainland and did a lot of other work to update the property.

The buyers, and current owners, also have a very nice waterfront home in Wolfeboro. They owned J Jill, the clothing company.

I believe the former owner (before 2012) also owned the Cask n' Flagon at Fenway Park. Sometime, about 1993, I noticed about 10 young people on the Center Harbor docks with sleeping bags and knapsacks. They were waiting for boat to pick them up. They said they worked at the Cask N; Flagon and the owner was having an outing at his island, Dollar island. They all climbed into my boat and I gave them a ride out to the island. To thank me, they promised me a free drink at the bar in Boston, which I now remember I never collected. Maybe I should call and see if they would send me the money?
Great info, thank you. I stare out at it every day but didn't know who owned it. It sits vacant a lot during the season.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote