View Single Post
Old 03-17-2023, 01:06 PM   #41
garysanfran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
THere are obviously 2 sides to the issue... those that think they should be allowed to whatever they want to their property, and those that think the neighborhood should have some input on that.

Clearly with the advent of zoning laws, we as a society have decided the neighbors get input of of where/how a home can be built etc. The issue with the whole Airbnb model is that it is no longer a home, but now essentially an unlicensed motel. Nobody wants to live next door to motel. That's why they are zone restricted to certain areas of the City.

Woodsy
I do not think I can do WHATEVER I want with my property.

Wanting to use it as a rental is not anywhere near doing "anything I want" like a brothel, shooting range, strip joint, bar, dance hall, etc.

I just want to rent it to a nice family with kids so they can create memories like I have. I do not want a bunch of partiers and have never had such.

Maybe you should not live in, what has bee a vacation area, for longer than I assume you have been alive??

I also occupy my place on the Lake as much as I can. Usually several months of the year. I just rent during the times when the roads are congested beyond my patience
garysanfran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to garysanfran For This Useful Post: