Thread: Gas Furnace
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2023, 09:10 PM   #6
TheProfessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
I will be shopping for a new gas furnace (forced hot air).
For information purposes.
Telephone your propane provider and ask what brand or brands that they sell (if any). That is a good start. You could obtain a price from them as a guide.

Does your current one exhaust go up chimney or out side of house?

Most common are 80% efficiency up to 92/94%.
One is regular efficiency the other is high efficiency.
Then there is single stage and dual stage.

And opinions will be all over the place. Everyone will/may state that theirs is the best.

As I stated in another post.
When I built my garage. I put in a 100,000 BTU propane single stage regular efficient furnace. Happened to be a Goodman brand. Has worked fine for 22 years. I did have a contractor account. 22 years ago, when I telephoned the furnace/duct company - the price quoted me was $1,250.00. When I stated that I had a contractor account with furnace/duct company - the price dropped to $452.00. This just shows some of the price/costs that surround all construction endeavors.

My requirement was that a funace would turn on and turn off. Without a multitude of sensors. I avoided a furnace that had sensors that checked the humidity, barametric pressure, elevation, phases of the moon, seismic activity, etc. I avoided those that had red/green blinking lights, LED screens, LCD screen, with numbers that only a technician could look up, sequential beeping sounds, etc.

Might be a good idea to choose a brand name that has been around for quite sometime. Something that has readily available parts and that any technician can fix if ever needed.
TheProfessor is offline   Reply With Quote