View Single Post
Old 10-05-2022, 10:39 AM   #41
LikeLakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
Yes--suspension and brakes are amazing today compared to the 70s, and it's very easy to forget that until you drive an old car. I loved the original Charger, and their remake looks great, though I have not driven one. Dodge is rolling out electric versions in another year or two with the goal of keeping the spirit of gas muscle cars
I thought about getting a Challenger for a while, was looking at 3-6 year old ones, only interested in the 6.4. I test drove a few, ended up deciding on something else. But .... After driving a 6.4 powered SRT, I stopped and literally sat there thinking about how far the tech/engineering has come. 475 hp in a naturally aspirated V8 that idles completely smoothly, you could drive it all day in comfort on the highway, yet is so powerful that coming out of 2nd gear you realize you have to let off or get a ticket. I'd love a '60's/'70's Challenger and the sound and power and feel would be awesome, but you still have to admire what they've been able to do with modern cars.