Thread: chainsaw safety
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2022, 08:10 AM   #17
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poor Richard View Post
Couple pointers:

Consider a PPE kit above all else. No matter what, dull or sharp, if that chain is rotating it can certainly cause much harm to the user.

Do not use the tip of the bar for cutting....at least not right now since we are talking about limited saw experience.

Try to avoid cutting anything that's loaded or anything that's under some type of pressure waiting to spring back into place. You'll either get whipped or pinch your saw. Both can make for a long day.

If the saw has any delay in throttle response, get it tuned.

Full throttle on cuts.

Two hands for now regardless of the saw being a top handle.

Always engage the safety brake whenever you're not cutting. Whether the saw is running or not, safety brake.

If you are still looking for training on proper usage in the next couple/ few weeks feel free to contact me. I have plenty of saw work to get some practice with and I'd be happy to give your saw a once-over as well.
Just a note that you've offered a fair amount of help to forum members here—including me—over the years. Thank you for that.

Also, a couple other additions to the new "kit": wedges for keeping your bar from getting pinched, a trauma bandage and associated first aid stuff, and absolutely hearing protection.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post: