Thread: chainsaw safety
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2022, 05:52 PM   #11
TheProfessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tummyman View Post
The Stihl 200T was made between 1971 and the 1990's. Very popular with arborists as it is a top handle saw that I believe is excellent for limbing, etc. Not sure of your uses, but I know this type of design would give me pause vs. a more traditional saw. These do command very high prices on eBay as used saws. If you are into occasional use, you should look at used prices and maybe find that you could sell your older saw, buy a new STIHL battery saw, and still have $$$'s in your pocket. Just a thought. However, no matter what you decide, a very sharp chain can make all the difference in performance and help to reduce injury. Places like Gilford Home Center are servicing Stihl dealers that should be a great help and close by. I use Stihl exclusively and find their equipment to be top notch....and comparable to Husqvarna. But really consider the battery option.
Correct.

Dump it. Sell it.
Too old and will cause too much aggrevation.

The Gilford Home Center mentioned. Take it there to see if it will start. They may do this for free or small charge. Or may not touch it at all because of age.

Get a new one. One that starts easily.

To sell. Use C/raigslist. Or E/bay. Shipping would be quite high for shipping.

Yes there is a following for these saws but those who follow them have taken them apart multiple times and know how to get them going and keep them going. Too old for a novice.

For the novice. The electric with 2 batteries would be perfect. The easy start gas ones are fine. But still a lot of pulling if not used on a regular basis.

And always use safety glasses.
TheProfessor is offline   Reply With Quote