View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 12:20 PM   #15
Sleezstak

Hi Josh -
I worked for a company that manufactured this film for many years. It is great stuff and expensive to make. I have used it on my boat for years. The outer edge of the swim platform. Side of the boat where my tie on bumper would rub, and anywhere that could get scratched or scuffed. I even had it on my outdrives and on spots on the bottom of the hull. Just to see if it would last.
The great thing about it is its clear and can be waxed, so most do not know its there. When time comes to sell, I can leave it on or peel off and it looks new.

The current thickness has worked fine and would be more cost effective for alot of uses. Look into what the vinyl wrap world is doing as well as they will speak of also protecting the surface.

Going thicker on the swim platform would work better as I have needed to double up there. However, conforming to curves will be the tougher battle.
Keep doing your homework. Will it stop the boat from chalking? How many buff and waxes would be done to a boat over say 5 years. How would it reflect on resale. For me I would think about doing it on the sides of a new boat if it saved me the buffing costs, didn't chalk out and got my money back at resale value and if it sold quicker than one in less condition.

Good luck!
Sleezstak is offline   Reply With Quote