View Single Post
Old 03-27-2019, 11:10 AM   #1
Josh K

Default Paint Protection for Your Boat

Hey everyone,

My name is Josh and I知 currently a senior at Bentley University and a frequent boater up on Lake Winnipesaukee.

I知 currently the leader of a venture that is working towards taking paint protection film technology to the boating industry. The idea is to use clear, adhesive, nearly invisible, paint protection film, similar to that used by companies such as 3M and XPEL, but more durable, that will be able to withstand damages that are all too common for us boaters. The film will be computer cut to the exact specifications of the hull and installed above the water line all the way from the stern to the bow. The goal is to make the film durable enough to withstand damages from coming in contact with or rubbing up against a dock or another boat, or even simply from small scratches and scrapes caused by everyday use, as well as to protect against fading from the sun.

I understand how expensive boating is, and as we all know, one of a boaters worst nightmares is to do damage to the paint or gel coat of his boat. Right now, I知 in the stages of conducting market research trying to determine the size of the market for such a product, as well as working on developing a pricing strategy. My goal is to test the film on a handful of different vessels on Winnipesaukee this coming summer to get a better idea for the durability and practicality for such a product.

I知 curious in hearing any thoughts, recommendations, or concerns, as well if this is something that you might be interested in. I appreciate your time and I値l do my best to answer any questions that you might have.

-Josh
Josh K is offline   Reply With Quote