View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 12:19 PM   #19
jeffk

Default My thoughts

When someone uses the forum to make a very negative post I think it is very hard to evaluate what is really going on. Some people have a hot button for certain things or are thin skinned. Sometimes a good establishment had a bad moment, like that never happens to anyone. And there is always the other side of the story, often unknown. When someone is very clearly ANGRY about a situation I wonder how much of their evaluation is just.

So, to somewhat figure it all out it helps if you know something about the person posting the complaint. If they are usually a reasonable and thoughtful poster then you give more consideration to what they are saying. In this case, "senior" vs. "junior" DOES make a difference. Someone joining the forum and using their first posts to flame leaves a bad taste in my mouth. That doesn't mean they are wrong, but they better prove their case and not just be yelling about it. Further, if the only reason they are here is to complain, well...the forum is about so much more than that.

I do agree that getting nasty with the new poster is equally pointless. I will question their information and their conclusions but try not to get personally insulting. But just like there are different types of junior posters there are different types of senior posters as well.
jeffk is offline   Reply With Quote