Thread: Boat crash
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2019, 02:38 PM   #148
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
Your kidding right??... Did you see the bow of that boat?? Touching down on the bottom did not do that!

I agree with steve c that if both boats were going 20 mph or even less, the overall force of that collision is very significant. Similar to hitting a brick wall at 40 mph!

Dan
Actually no I am not kidding, Notice that the hull is operated, the deck is already gone..... And I believe was gone as a result of activities the night of the accident.... Once the deck became detached from the hill all kinds of things can happen.

Given the damage seen on the other boat involved, I don't believe the impact was what people want to believe it was..... I don't think the impact separated the deck off the boat.... I think there was damage done during the sinking and recovery effort that has to be factored out to understand the impact of that night....

Once autopsy results and the investigation details made public, we will all be able to understand more about what happened that night.....

All in all this is a very tragic incident.