View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 08:14 AM   #160
Red apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbarn View Post
I get what they are trying to do but how does this solve any rental issues this just adds fees and government over cite. How does it stop noise complaints, trash etc. Checking smoke detectors etc is great but doesn't solve the neighborhood complaints.
Well if I read it correctly if you as the "landlord" have three complaints against you or any of your renters you loose the right to rent. This is GREAT like I said from the start of this thread the city is leaving it up to your neighbors to decide if you can rent of not.. Look at Lake Opechee as there have been two cases if not more that have gone to the city for VRBO and have loss due to neighbors complaining and both of them have sold there homes. Have also heard of of more cases or Air B&B in the area going down the same road as neighbors are fed up with them also. So at the end of the day the City of Laconia will make some extra money in fees and the neighbors will have the final say if you rent of not. Start paying off your neighbors if you want to rent!!!
Red apple is offline   Reply With Quote