View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 05:44 AM   #13
ApS

Default There's a Problem?

Well, I've managed to stay away for 24 hours from this "educating the go-fasters" thread! It appears that just the suggestion of Tres Martin's high-speed boating school scared off all the Winnipesaukee go-fasters. (Talk about "Fear")!

Last week, Tres Martin himself famously wrote of this summer's go-fasts having "...all the weekend accidents".

Next:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mee-n-Mac
So let me propose the following...What if people who wanted to boat at speeds over ZZ mph were required to have a "performance license" ? Extra training and certification, specific to high speed boating..."
Somebody (meaning Mee'n'Mac), sees a speed problem on Lake Winnipesaukee!

Addendum: Island Girl is probably correct about the location. It is from a large collection of boat wreecks targeting speed. But even www.winnipesaukee.com has only a tiny fraction of "instructional" photographs from similar Winnipesaukee "incidents". Many of the worst fatal Winnipesaukee wrecks occurred at night anyway.

BTW I: Both Lake Travis (TX) and Lake Conroe (TX) have night time speed limits now due to Littlefield-type accidents.

BTW II: But look at the "signature" I found at a Lake Travis (TX) thread:
Quote:
Please sign the petition against a proposed 45mph speed limit on Lake Winni in NH, even if you don't boat there or are from another state. Not letting this happen to others is a big step to not letting it happen to you. Copy and paste the following into your browser:
www.ipetitions.com/campaigns/oppose_HB162/
Whose New Hampshire poll to believe, anyway. Theirs?
Attached Images

Last edited by ApS; 12-06-2005 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Edited: Added everything after the Mee'n'Mac quote, due IG's sharp eye!