View Single Post
Old 10-22-2021, 07:12 AM   #11
XCR-700

RE: "COVID is 10x worse than the flu"

100% agreed, but only for for some people, and they are very small group of the population.

And for those who survive and continue to suffer problems, they (including myself) are very few in number. After several discussions with my primary, I have been repeatedly told that "long haul COVID" is not well studied, there are no official guidelines or treatment, and few programs to study this.

As for the overwhelming percent of COVID infected, most dont even know they have/had it and only knew because they were tested.

So while some have died (.2% of our population, accepting/using the official numbers) the cold and hard fact is that this is not the apocalypse they said it would be, and with current treatments and knowledge, there really is no justification for keeping the pandemic machine running and any mandates in place.

We are simply throwing untold tax payer dollars away accomplishing almost nothing by keeping the pandemic machine in the on mode.

Well except for lining some peoples pockets and giving the media and politicians something to broadcast.

On the negative side, they are still crushing small businesses with the restrictions, and promoting unfounded fear mongering such as we continue to see here on this forum.

This is now mostly a social matter (or more correctly a social media matter), not a medical crises.

Those of you who wish to continue living in fear are certainly able to do so, as there are countless mechanisms to support you. Its like the backyard fallout shelter madness of the 1950's. But the fear mongering should stop and the country move on and back to some sense of restored normal.

If we can fill sports stadiums with 10's of thousands of people, fly them across the country in airplanes, and have our most prominent political officials all interacting without any social distancing and without masks, I think this matter is mostly done and no further discussion needed by the masses.

ATB to those of you who exercise common sense in this matter.

My sincere and heartfelt sorrow for those of you who still live in fear and cannot find a way to move forward. I hope you folks can find some sense of relief from what the media and politicians continue to subject you to.

Last edited by XCR-700; 10-22-2021 at 09:02 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XCR-700 For This Useful Post: