View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 09:04 AM   #50
tummyman

Default YouTube TV updates?????

Need to get some updated info, especially on YouTube TV. Just received a notice from Spectrum that my triple play costs were increasing because some promotional discounts were over. My bill went from $150 to $195 per month, with Cable TV being the biggest increase. Called them today and did get a small reduction in my TV cost by switching to a lower tier package. However, the cable TV costs are still egregious IMHO.

However, I have been really interested in cutting the entire TV service and switching to YouTube TV. Technically, I have all the correct TV hookups, so the switch is very easy. What makes it even more attractive is that I can also cut the cable portion of service at an out of state property from another supplier. Savings are substantial when combining both cable TV cancellations along with no real reduction in the important channels we desire. Plus we can select the best "home" area for local news, etc.

We currently have Spectrum internet at their basic speed...I think 100MBS. We are located in Moultonborough. New TV is supplied with cable TV via direct coax cable to the cable box, them HDMI to TV. Netflix etc. are via wireless connection, although I could hook up a Cat7 cable directly if needed back to the modem. Netflix signal appears super.

My question here is more about the picture quality of the YouTube TV, since my most recent set is a 65" Samsung with all the latest features. What I have been learning is that "allegedly" YouTube TV does not broadcast at the newest speed and quality levels. However, I would like to hear from others who have made the switch......are you pleased with the picture quality? I intend to do a free trial shortly, but would love to understand how people feel about this option. Thanks in advance....HELP !!!!!
tummyman is online now   Reply With Quote