View Single Post
Old 03-05-2020, 11:40 AM   #25
Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
Not sure I understand. For instance every evening at 530, we watch PTI on ESPN. At six pm, the programming changes to Sportscenter.

We access YoutubeTV through a ROKU stick. We hit the back button to return to the UTTV home page with Library, Home, and Live across the top. If Live is not selected, select it then scroll down. While ESPN is playing in the background, we scroll down through the guide. Some, maybe most, when the scrolling highlights that channel, it will give the title of the episode. Of course, it is not as detailed as a cable guide.

We do not access YouTubeTV through the Samsung TV app on the TV. Not sure if ROKU vs Samsung app matters. Initially, the lack of programming info was a little frustrating, but in a short period of time, we adjusted, and now it's a non-issue.

Dave
I'll try again. Basically, if you are watching the current ESPN channel at 5:30 PM, and then while that is playing, try to look at the Live channel guide, there is no way to read the description about another show that is also playing at 5:30 PM without starting it to play, replacing your currently playing ESPN channel. But if you click on a 6PM (or other future) time slot show, then you can read the program description. It just makes channel surfing a bit less informative while watching the currently playing show.

It's a minor issue. I just haven't found out how to get the channel description.

It's the same way on the web, my phone, etc. So I don't think it's an issue with my FireStick or TV App. It just seems to be the way they designed it, or I haven't figured out the proper menu clicks yet!