View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 05:07 PM   #50
Major

Wink Policies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
I just want a leader with some class. Someone that won't shock my kids and grand kids when he speaks.
I don't think the president of our great nation should act like a child. I think he could still do a good job without all the trash talk. But that's the culture that he is fostering and it's sad to see.
Focus on the policies. Politicians have disappointed us with their behavior forever. Rhetoric between parties is nothing new. I just read a book about General US Grant. President Andrew Johnson's behavior was unbelievable, only matched by the Radical Republicans. Read letters between Adams and Jefferson, who each called into question the other's manhood.

I wonder if your kids and grandkids are offended by the actions of Presidents Roosevelt (with Mrs. Simpson), Kennedy (with Fiddle and Faddle), and Clinton (with the fat intern). So what, Trump says some outrageous things. His actions speak louder than his words. He's not a politician, which is a good thing. If you like his policies, that should be good enough. Also, Democrats have hardly covered themselves in glory. I wonder if they are as concerned about the credible allegations against Representative Keith Ellison as they are with the half-baked allegations against Judge Kavanagh. I know the answer to this question.
The Following User Says Thank You to Major For This Useful Post: