Thread: Ice Damming?
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2022, 07:43 PM   #8
TheProfessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad207 View Post
Had leaking at the eaves of my roof today for the first time-- at least 2" of ice on the roof near the edge. Cleared the roof and it resolved. Never had it before-- odd day/ weather conditions, similar experiences? Roof issues? Interested in comments.
Lamb & Richie - Saugus, MA still maufactures the
Aluminum Ice Panel Mill Finish, 32"W x 36"H panels.
LINK

When I did my roof I put these on. In addition to ice and water shield membrane. Been many decades now with no issues.
I visited the Lamb & Richie factory in Saugus, MA before doing roof. Had all explained to me by one of the nice employees. Showed me the machine that makes the product. Showed the tool needed for crimping. Showed me how to put on roof. The Lamb & Ritchie aluminum panels were sold at Gerrity Lumber in Meredith at that time. I used ice and water membrane, quality asphalt shinges, and the aluminum panels.

Take a look at some of the old farmhouses and one will see these panels at bottom of roof. Those old timers way back knew how to do a proper roof.

If I were doing a roof today. I would use the Lamb & Richie aluminum panels AND the ice and water shield. Yes, it is redundant. But I have had zero water leaks or ice dams for decades now.

And yes, one could go all metal to accomplish the same thing.
TheProfessor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheProfessor For This Useful Post: