View Single Post
Old 09-08-2021, 06:57 PM   #44
LakeDad

Quote:
Originally Posted by baygo View Post
It’s dormant now due to Covid, but I operated what became a reservations only restaurant four about 11 years here in the lakes region. My reservations were typically about six months out. I knew I arrived when I received a call in July for a reservation in November. It was extremely rare for people not to show up for a reservation however if they didn’t I would easily be able to seat the table with walk up traffic.

On the most part our operating system and business model was better suited for reservations. The only downside was that we typically allowed for two hours in between seatings. Occasionally people would get done in an hour and a half and the table would be generating $0 at those moments.

Our Covid pivot has included the emergence of a very popular outside bar. When the day comes for our tavern to re-open I have a feeling we will change our ways and only Take reservations for half the restaurant and the other will be first come first serve. People will be able to wait at the outside bar.

Sounds fair to me. This covers all types.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LakeDad is offline   Reply With Quote