View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 05:12 AM   #155
VtSteve

I think I see what you mean Skip, but possibly overreacting, or maybe I'm just naive in hoping people grow up. I see what you see too, and I think it hurts the balanced and objective arguments more on one side than another. Not too surprising given the time of year, and the new year's issues. There are less than civil discussions going on, but this one has remained pretty open in my opinion.

For those that do engage in the type of behavior that Skip is addressing. That attitude is part of the reason many laws are being written across the country. I would specifically point to the Maine case as being a poster ad for stricter limits. If people don't think you're mature enough to even understand their concerns, then they'll find a way to curb your activities. Even though I don't agree with the outcome, I fully understand why it happened.

I also understand that failing to address the concerns of the other side will not help your cause. Attacking people and other such in your face actions pretty much rule out any form of negotiations. Without constructive discussion, it gives people the impression that some people need adult supervisions.

I hope you've viewed most of my blathering as constructive here Skip. With exceptions, all sides have been aired out. One thing for sure. The lake will always be an attraction, recessions or not.