View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 12:46 PM   #117
hazelnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
BroadHopper...

When the MP/Town Cop is giving you the "You cant dock here speech" I found a very effective way of avoiding any further hassle with this simple phrase...

Politely ask for his badge number & name and then ask....

"Is it YOUR recommendation I drive in this weather?"

They usually just tell you to be gone by morning.... (Well at least that has been my experience)

Woodsy
Woodsy I employed that very tactic one foggy night at the Weirs. I tried to leave and got out barely to Buoy # 1 the fog was so thick that I could barely see the bow of the boat. After a tense 10 minutes we made our way back to the Weirs docks. VERY SCARY. Anyway after we were tied up and secure at the docks a cop came by and began to squawk about me not being able to spend the night on my boat at the docks yada yada..... So I began nicely and said we tried to leave and the fog was so thick etc. etc. He replied, "That's not my problem sir!" So I simply replied, "Well it will be if you make me drive out there and we die because you made us leave." I asked him if he'd give us a ride home, he said no. I said "well then I guess we're staying here right?" He just muttered and walked away. So we slept on the boat at the Weirs that night without incident.