View Single Post
Old 06-09-2004, 07:13 AM   #33
Just Wonderin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ART
In general I think that the Marine Patrol has too large of a presence on our lake.
The article referred to an incident on Squam. Are you on Squam or Winni. We live on the North side and rarely ever see Marine Patrol. I would love to see a large presence on our part of the lake. Once the summer is in full swing, we see an incredible amount of dangerous boating. We always wish that the Marine Patrol would be around to enlighten those boaters on safe boating practices.

Last year, we were heading to shore. We were probably 200 to 300 feet from shore. A ski boat with a water skier in tow came up on our right side and actually crossed our bow. We immediately stopped so as to avoid a collision with the water skier that was crossing our bow. He just missed us by only a few feet. The water skier yelled "sorry" to us as he passed.

When we got to shore, quite a few people had seen it. They all asked us if it was as close as it looked.

I wish there was a presence at that time. The boat sped away too quickly to get bow numbers, but that's the type of thing we see on our end of the lake on a daily basis.
Just Wonderin is offline   Reply With Quote