View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 07:13 AM   #96
Belmont Resident

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
The state has a set limit for noise and it is their job to police it. If someone is running too loud they should be ticketed and made to comply. If MP is not keeping up on it, or ignoring it, there lies the problem.

When I got my Sonic last year and went for my first ride I was one of those offenders. I immediately pulled it out and took it in for mufflers so that I complied. I was not stopped on my first ride, nor after modifying it to comply.

The morons are out in full force. My wife has a nasty habit of "saluting" other boaters that are within 50' of us on plane. Her hand was rather tired a week ago after going in and out of Paugus bay...One idiot in a Chris Craft blew by at 50', smiling and waving. Boy did he get a surprise when she "waved" back. He had no idea what he had done wrong!

I will say, as much as I hate to point out one type of boater, or brand of boat, but I am seeing an abundance of Formula owners that are obnoxious this year. Not the performance boats either, mainly sports and cruisers.
Weather legal or not the lake sound level is on it's way up. Now that the restrictions on switchable exhaust have been lifted I see and hear more pleasure boats with switchable exhaust, boats that dealers were unable to stock in this state because it wasn't legal are now being sold.
Several times this weekend and while working at the lake I've heard that unmistakable bark of a through hull exhaust and expected to see a Fountain only to have looked out and see a Regal or Formula cruiser tooling along.
And now that the safety complaints seem to be stacking up it looks like those who thought a speed limit was the fix all for the lake will have to go back to the drawing board.
Maybe more emphasis this time might be placed on the real safety issues on the lake like there should have been to begin with.
Funny thing, now that a lake is again getting crowded and all those problems that some said went away with the speed limit are all the sudden back to haunt us, I do not see the pro speed limit people defending their stand on the speed limit having done more then just make the lake a quieter place for a few years.