Thread: Farm Island
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 08:48 AM   #37
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedawg View Post
Does any one know why the offer by Camp Belknap to write a check for $1.5M to the Winchesters with no contengencies, no planning board meetings, not one of the 250+ signing a petition has been turned down since the offer was made to the owner Winchester's back in January 2019?

The Winchester keep giving extensions for the last 7 months since the P&S was signed back in October, 2018. Yet the Winchesters sold 1/3 of the island to Camp Belknap back in 2010. This does not make sense. Something is really going wrong in any kind of logic. WMUR and other local news outlets are starting to ask the same questions

How and why would anyone want to go through the trouble of all the pain of permitting and cost of development with 300 local folks saying... NO!!

This whole deal is really need to be investigated further. There are so many questions about what is going on here.
You make it sound as if it's a big conspiracy here, bottom line is 12 lots all water front developed have huge profit potential. Now not that I know the exact details of the P&S, but I would think that there is a contingency on the purchase of the property pending successful acceptance of subdivision and lot development. Could very well be that agreement has some financial benefit to the current owners to allow the interested party the allotted time to attempt to get all that done. That is the sellers right to make a contractual agreement with such stipulations. So what would you do if you owned this property and there was a few hundred thousand or more on the table if you allowed extra time the process go through?

While it's noble that lots of people may not want this to happen - in typical not in my back yard fashion, mob rule doesn't or shouldn't come into play here. I'm sure a bunch of so called objectors already own property that probably have the same sketchy "historical" value, may have been a place loons could have nested as well, yet how many sleep well at night knowing they have destroyed loon habitat or plowed under some place the Indians used to camp out on (maybe) hundreds of years ago so common that's just grasping at whatever they can to stop this, none of the objections I have read have any reasonable rational behind them.

Far as I'm concerned the owners have every right if they so choose to get what they can out of that property.

Finally the town has zero right to steer via legislative power the proposed sale of any property without due cause. It's got nothing to do with additional tax revenue although as noted the end result is beneficial to both the town and tax payers.

Any one who wants to preserve this property should appeal directly to the current owners.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post: