View Single Post
Old 08-07-2015, 07:25 AM   #43
KittyHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJaneHood View Post
Jane was my grandmother... she didn't pursue a career in flying, though she enjoyed it very much. She obtained a degree in mathematics from Colby College and worked for Sloan-Kettering before raising four children in NYC/PA before retiring back to NH. Flight and astronomy remained among her top interests throughout her life.

Edit to add: She got her pilot's license in 1945, when she was sixteen & was married in 1948 ... so the photo would likely have been sometime during those years -- just to verify as I noted you were discussing dates.

This photo was such a treat to find -- none of us in the family had seen it before!
EJaneHood: Many thanks for checking in regarding Jane Steady Hood's photo with Kitty Hawk NC975M. I have to say that Jane has one of the most charming, wholesome, beautiful expressions, captured in that one photo. She must have been a wonderful lady!

You mentioned another photo of her in goggles and helmet. Is it also taken with this Kitty Hawk? Sure would be great if you could post it on this forum. Lots of interested folks here! Bob Coolbaugh
KittyHawk is offline   Reply With Quote