View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 08:48 AM   #42
PaugusBayFireFighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
I am wondering how all these drones flying all over the place will not run into each other and birds etc.? Will they have sensors?
From this link it says the FAA is currently addressing current and future policies, regulations, technologies and procedures that will be required as UAS (Unmanned Aircraft Systems) operations increase in the nation's airspace.
Comprehensive Plan
The Joint Planning and Development Office (JPDO) has developed a comprehensive plan to safely accelerate the integration of civil UAS into the national airspace system.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...LHlZORTaom1LrA

It's a concept that's hard to grasp but I'm sure avoiding collisions was the first issue raised. I've given up trying to guess how and just enjoying the fruits of technology. We have entered the age of the "law of accelerated returns". We have advanced to an expotential increase in technology. We are approaching "singularity", a point where progress is so rapid it outstrips humans' ability to comprehend it. Read some Ray Kurzweil books and you will be amazed at where we are headed in the next 20 years in computers, genetics, nanotechnology, robotics and artificial intelligence.
PaugusBayFireFighter is offline   Reply With Quote