View Single Post
Old 11-14-2009, 06:25 AM   #87
ApS

Default "Save the Kayakers"

What's gratifying to me is that so many of my points have gone unargued.

1) That racing 2- or 3- abreast across the Broads—especially while observing the 150-rule—intimidates,
2) The catharsis that comes with a "Final Statement". (That very few here did when given the opportunity),
3) No smaller state with more frozen water exists,
4) My quote went unchallenged: "We all know that there will always be boats at anchor and always be oversized boats with 'tipsy drivers', so my answer will be, that 'there will always be death on the water'".
5) That Lt. Dunleavey's quote on alcohol on board is re-quoted. (Since 2004, btw, and alcohol-use aboard is increasing).

I never keep/carry alcohol on board, and can't recall any of my neighbors doing so, either! (Ashore?—on porches—on sun decks—on docks—yes!)

Quote:
What are you talking about the Marine Patrol and there budget?
1) No, a brand-new Nor-Tech brought to Winnipesaukee each season by an Opponent of the Speed Limit!

2) By "skin", I mean MY literal skin!

Quote:
How many commercial fishing vessels have injuries every year that require Coast Guard assistance?
The only C.G. stats here concern recreational boating ONLY.

Quote:
I must say that I am flattered by this...
Check that provided hyperlink again.

Quote:
I will play along with your including Unknown as assuming larger than 250HP.
Then you'll be "playing along" with where the Coast Guard chose to place it.

Quote:
If you are paddling alone than the chances are not in your favor. If there are two of you in your canoe the chances are still not is your favor. Does the Coast Guard track injuries occuring in a canoe valued at less than $2000.00?
1) The Coast Guard tracks only those collisions and injuries that are reported to state authorities. They state that 40% are NOT reported.

2) Since I know how to wear a baseball cap, I have no difficulty in seeing a kayaker—whatsoever, but the odds between the speedboat and the paddler are seldom in favor of the paddler.

Quote:
"...I cannot for the life of me understand why. You are so completely hung up on boats running ashore and killing someone..."
With all of the accounts of docks being cut across—and passengers killed/ejected—it's only a matter of time. Will you be going on record—anytime soon—that it can't happen?

Quote:
I agree that the night limit, as low as it is, would make it easy to weed out the cowboys. I wonder when that starts to happen? You can be a walking, talking, posting contradiction. If I added the above to all previous posts of what's wrong on the water, nobody would be left. Except yourself?
Knowing what you know about the MP budget, exactly how much do you expect from the MP's, night or day.
1) Thank you for re-posting most my "final statement" from the exact place to do a first-order catharsis—"Final Statements". (Rancor originates from those who have NOT posted a "Final Statement").

2) If there are contradictions, I don't see them.

3) As I have done with other, far-more-intense law enforcement agencies, I have the necessary details to ride with the NHMP next season: I'll let you know how that goes.

Quote:
I read through this post in it's entirety yesterday and again today...I don't know what you're looking at
I threw myself off by changing my focus from horsepower (my first post) to speed (the second and third): horsepower is correct.

Member jmen24 seems to captured the core of my thoughts on horsepower the best. Maybe it's more clear now?

That "silly picture" that I see every day on the Lake...follows: