View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 01:35 PM   #69
VtSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Nice try. Since it supports the agenda, trying to implicate the Cigarette boat skipper would be beneficial, but the facts simply do not point that way.

If he were drinking, wouldn't the MP that pulled him over at 11:42pm for a light violation have screened him for BUI?

You just can't argue with facts.

Sorry.
That was brilliant APS. So you say a 21' Sea Ray is listed as a Performance Boat? Whatever. And as Ryan stated, the Formula was pulled over for a light issue, which was fixed. I agree that at that hour, the MP would be looking for other issues as well.

Absent a speed violation, Now you're bringing up an alcohol potential? I thought alcohol was off limits, and GFBL speed was the problem

If people stuck to principled arguments, they wouldn't have to shift their train of thought so much. I could care less what kind of boats were involved, only that two boats collided. I read the article, along with the followup articles, one of which suggested that someone in the smaller boat could possibly be prosecuted. From the information available, I gathered they might charge him with being the driver, calling in false information, and boating without a proper certification to do so. It was in the followup article that it was stated the speed of the boats, 25 mph and 30 mph.

APS, you also state that on Winni "(There's only a 20% chance—on Winnipesaukee at least—that alcohol is NOT involved)."

So given the lack of smily, are you indicating that 80% of accidents suvh as these, at any speed, are the result of alcohol? Possibly alcohol is only a contributing factor? Or a complete admission that at any speed, BUI is a problem?

Given that, it's pretty much what the anti SL crowd has been saying all along. I've read about late night boat crashes for years. Very, very rarely is the operator sober. A little birdie told me that it would be wise for MP's to increase their staffing at night and keep an eye out at the obvious locations on every body of water.

So here we are in another topic, where APS is very concerned that people think a 21' boat was in the wrong, and the 40' Formula was not. Do I see a a trend here?
The Following User Says Thank You to VtSteve For This Useful Post: