View Single Post
Old 05-27-2014, 04:46 AM   #5
MDoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striper295 View Post
Hello to all of the Lake Winnipesaukee experts and enthusiasts; I'm interested to know how difficult the big lake is to learn for the new mariner.
I'm new to boating with a lake boat, I previously had a Ranger 17' bass boat that I used mainly on small lakes and rivers.
My family and I are anxious to start our excursions on the lake, we just upgraded to a 24' walkaround fishing boat. My main concern is keeping my wife and daughter safe and making trips enjoyable.
I've been told the lake is difficult to navigate with many, many hazards coupled with high traffic especially on weekends.

I remember the many trips our family took when I was young to the lake on our Highliner boat. The captain (My Dad) made it look so easy, I guess many years in the Navy and experience helped.

I'm curious to learn what people on the lake think and maybe some pointers on the best way to get acclimated to the big lake.

Thanks in advance and maybe I'll get to meet some of you in person...
My first lesson navigating: Approaching red marker, steer south and west; black, steer north and east.
MDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links