View Single Post
Old 01-28-2023, 01:46 PM   #5
ishoot308

Thanked 4,939 Times in 1,915 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired View Post
I am looking to buy my first fish finder to mount on my 14 ft. Lund with a 9.9 Merc. I mostly fish the big lake in spring and occasionally some of the smaller lakes and ponds. With limited knowledge I am looking at the Lowrance HOOK Reveal 7TS Inland Water at Bass Pro. The features look good and the price is at the top of my budget at $719. I would appreciate some advice on the best fish finders based on knowledge and experience. Can anyone help me?
I am not familiar with that specific model but I have two older HDS series Lowrance units that have been bulletproof! I use two side by side in my boat. One is used strictly for sonar the other is used in the chart / GPS mode utilizing a Navionics chip which is great! I actually use one of them during the winter months for ice fishing. I have it mounted in my ATV. It’s been through hell and back and still works flawlessly!

For fishing, at least on Winni I see most people using Lowrance products. That does not mean anything bad about other brands. Back in the day, I know a couple of well known guides on the lake were affiliated with Lowrance and I think that is why they are so popular on Winni.

Dan