View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 10:01 PM   #30
SailinAway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbiesaukee View Post
The Harvard Pilgrim Advantage plans do provide coverage as stated but these are structured as HMOs which can be cost saving but before we get away from the dental discussion, this is a way different kettle of fish from regular Medicare.

Just a caution.
As a new Medicare recipient, before choosing Harvard Pilgrim and the Stride Value Rx Advantage plan I did well over 100 hours of research to understand Medicare and the various types of supplemental plans. It can make you crazy. I looked at every major insurance company and carefully compared all of the supplements on spreadsheets. When I had made a tentative decision I had a long conversation with a very good insurance agent to verify my findings. He agreed that for my specific situation, HP Stride Value Rx offers the most coverage for the least money. You have to carefully assess your needs and do a ton of research. I spoke with five or six insurance agents and found real holes in their knowledge of the baffling senior healthcare system. They would recommend plans without really knowing much about them or about the competition. Finally I found an agent with comprehensive knowledge. But what is right for one person isn't necessarily right for someone else.
SailinAway is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SailinAway For This Useful Post: