View Single Post
Old 10-04-2019, 06:27 AM   #10
tbonies

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffk View Post
When I originally got Metrocast I was planning to get basic cable for the local channels and stream everything else. I have a ROKU box. I found a lot of the streaming stuff was old junk. Plus, juggling all the access between different services made TV like using the computer but harder. Bad for me. Terrible for my less techy wife. PLUS, Metrocast had a 150 GB cap on data streaming. Bummer. I decided to take the easy way out and just get the next step up to the broader package of cable channels. Plus I still could explore the free streaming channels as I wanted or even activate pay streaming when I want to explore. That mix has worked well. Simple, one stop access for TV, with occasional steaming. BUT, as for all others, the price creeps up. Sigh.

I wasn't sure if $90 a month for just cable TV was the going rate. It seems so. I'm not looking to fight a running battle with Atlantic Broadband to knock $10 off my bill for a year or two. Seeing the teaser rates, I was hoping it might be a permanent $20 drop but it doesn't seem likely.

For cable and internet, expect to pay $150-$200 (unless on a teaser intro rate). If you want a bunch of premium stuff, you will pay more. If you want to stream with YouTube TV or other, you can save $50 with a little remote clicker inconvenience. It’s a pretty standard equation - in NH, MA, FL or other.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
tbonies is offline   Reply With Quote