View Single Post
Old 06-05-2016, 08:23 AM   #13
Blue Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk-lnt View Post
Sounds like a port-forwarding issue, your router and camera are both responding on Port 80 (default port for web pages/interfaces).

Typically you set things like cameras to something other than 80 when setting up remote access, then you enter the URL with the new port specified, like "http://www.mycamera.com:8088"

More importantly, your router shouldn't be setup to show the admin page to remote access users. There are security issues associated with doing that, not worth getting into here, but I'd suggest disabling remote admin/config access on the router. Doing that might also solve the port-forwarding problem because now the router won't try to respond to Port 80 for remote requests and should pass that through to the camera if everything else is setup correctly.
Thanks. I had set it up changing the port from the start so I've got a random port number all set up. Looking at my ddns options in this modem it appears that I can only use dyndns or something called TZO. I was hoping the port forwarding with be a go around. I'll check the remote access as you suggest. Thanks again.