View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 09:53 AM   #54
Biggd

Thanked 1,070 Times in 675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR View Post
Curious what you guys are referring to when you say to "clean" your coil. Do you mean internally or the outside of the coil if it has mineral deposits accumulated? Wondering how you clean a coil internally. My Burnham boiler is over 25 years old. I replaced the coil at least 10 years ago as it was leaking into the boiler water. No issues since.
I'm in the auto repair business. We do this on car heater cores for the cheap people that don't want to repair it the right way. I always tell them there is no guarantee. You will pay me the labor to do this whether it works or not. And If it leaks after I'm done or a month from now then you will have to fix it the right way by replacing it. It's a 50/50 shot but eventually it always ends up leaking a few months down the road. If you have had it done more than once and it hasn't leaked then you are one of the lucky ones. Car heater cores use to be copper just like boiler coils. Now they are aluminum and plastic. The new ones are very cheap and pretty much throwaways. They will leak very easily when flushed.
Biggd is online now   Reply With Quote