View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 05:33 AM   #45
swnoel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
Then I guess my boiler was below 75% and my new boiler is rated 89%. I spent less than 4K on a new boiler and it was money well spent. Like I said, to each his own. I'm happy with my decision to replace it. I'm 63 so now I don't have to deal with it again in my lifetime. And I paid more than $1.50 a gallon this season past winter for oil. I also monitor my heat with a WIFI T-stat but I'm 2 hours away and don't want the hassle of driving up there at a moments notice.
Also, flushing out a heating coil almost never works and a heating contractor would never guarantee it would. 9 times out of 10 you would be throwing money away. Just like the $800 I spent on an emergency repair on my 30 year old boiler the winter before I replaced it. And changing the mixing valve will do nothing if the water coming out of the coil is not hot enough.

There is no boiler with a tankless coil that will get over 55-60% efficiency or is there a boiler that will get you an 89% efficiency! I'm confused where everyone is getting these numbers from? You are right when you suggest never to get the coiled cleaned... your wasting your money. Unfortunately many heating "professionals" aren't professional they'll say and do what ever to get your money...
swnoel is offline   Reply With Quote