View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 11:59 AM   #32
bigdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
A 30 year old boiler needs replacing regardless. I agree, an indirect storage tank is the best. I just went through this last year. It's not my primary residence so I just went with the new boiler with a new internal coil. It works great and the boiler is so much more efficient. Eventually the coils lose their efficiency but when they are new they work fine. I could be dead by the time that happens. "Forever" is not in my vocabulary anymore.
Thanks Biggd.....

I'm in the same situation, not my primary residence either !
I do use the property year-round, but not permanent.
I will either be renting or selling this property (condo), within the next year,
so looking at cost justification for new boiler. $$$ I'm planning to purchase permanent residential home at the lake this year or next.

Will review with HVAC contractors, if I can install just the indirect storage tank,
beside the boiler, but I have serious space limitation if this is even feasible TBD ? The boiler runs fine, just does not provide adequate hot water b/c of the coil. Boiler is 25+ years old, so I understand the fuse is set, and only a matter of time before it dies. Don't want that to happen in the middle of winter, it's a dice roll !

If I go the course and install new boiler and be done with it all. as you stated "I could be dead by the time the new boiler fails again' !
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote