View Single Post
Old 09-07-2014, 07:54 PM   #14
KDL

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
I have a friend who has a GFBL boat, and was stopped for noise. However, the MP officer conducting the test did it incorrectly, and the offense was written off by MP. Evidently there is a certain distance from the boat and above the water and away from a swim platform on the boat, all or most of which I don't really remember or understand.

Forward to the next year, and he again was stopped and issued a ticket, which I think was $310. To be able to use the boat, he had to correct the problem, be retested again (static test, not at Timber), and the boat failed again. He then had more work done and applied for a retest, and this time it was at Timber with a MP officer in one of there boats at rest, and an officer in the boat with my friend. They had to make a pass each way at one speed, and then another pair of passes at WOT, about 75 MPH. He passed, just barely, but he passed.

I think I have remembered the chronological chain of events, and if I am in error, apologies to the MP.

I am surprised your friend didn't have to be retested to make sure the boat was in compliance.
Why would a boat on Winni have to pass a noise test at 75 MPH?
KDL is offline   Reply With Quote