Thread: Boat Washing
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2020, 03:18 PM   #16
XCR-700

I think anyone would agree putting bilge cleaner in your boat and pumping the results overboard is not reasonable, but then in 2020 I would hope most of you folks on the water would not simply be rolling a hose into the lake and using that for your drinking water supply without a robust filtration system,,, Arguably that's not very responsible either.

As in the other thread going on at the moment, you are much more likely to succumb to some aliment from a parasite than a cap-full of soap.

But that's your call.

Also based on what I read in some of these websites about boat soap, you should be MUCH more concerned about your waterless/no rinse cleaners, apparently they tend to contain the most harsh of chemicals. I get that you are not rinsing them off, but you are breathing them and you will get water on the hull that will wash over the surface you just cleaned, so please beware that serious concerns are being raised about those products.

I remember when we all thought Trichloroethane was the best cleaner possible because it smelled good and evaporated quickly and did not leave a mess of liquid to worry about, then we learned how bad it was. Now so many of us have respiratory problems its practically an epidemic of old people with inhalers and oxygen tanks,,,

I seriously doubt in the grand scheme of things a cap-full of modern marine soap is the worst thing you are exposed to in Winnipesaukee water.

That said, we all need to be careful and make reasonable decisions not just for ourselves, but the people around us.

Happy and Safe boating this weekend!
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote