Thread: Boat Washing
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2020, 08:03 AM   #10
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula260SS View Post
If you keep your boat waxed or better yet Ceramic Coated all you need is the lake water to keep it clean. I have two boats one that's waxed and the other Ceramic Coated and the dirt basically wipes right off both. Rain will actually clean the outside as well, the non-skid swim platform is spotless after a good heavy rain. However when I'm docked on the island I do have some trees overhanging the boats which requires a quick rinse and wipe most days. When I'm away one is one the mooring and the other in the Marina and in both of those spots they stay very clean.
Agreed, but once in a while a little soap is needed. And it appears you can get better (safer) products for those occasions.

Its been more than 20 years since I have dealt with a boat that does not come home with me on the trailer, so I would love to hear what others are using for when they do feel the need to wash the boat while in the lake.

Not talking about some every use ritual, but in the year I have owned this boat, only the rain has washed it and some maintenance is required and I think it can be done responsibly.

Lots of advertising hype out there and even the "expert" comparisons dont tell the whole story, so anything other Winnipesaukee boaters are willing to share is appreciated.

Thanks
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote