View Single Post
Old 08-07-2020, 01:57 PM   #107
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bear View Post
Who said I was unable to identify the corruption? I said I didn’t have the time right then to get into it, nor do I now. But I will when I have the chance. And as Maxum said, islanders, especially in Tuftonboro, are subsidizing mainland properties.
Its clear you have a ax to grind for some reason w/ NHEC....

Don't think that Islanders are the only ones subsidizing towns around the lakes. Every season lake front home subsidizes the towns they are in.... It is simply part of owning a second home. You are doing nothing but playing the blame game, you need someone to blame because you don't have power.....

If being with out power is so inconvenient, I suggest looking into a couple of things:

1. Generator back up,
2. Solar Back up, with Battery Reserves

I have lived with out power for almost 2 weeks, yep it sucked it really did... But instead of complaining we got resourceful... Learned to use oil lamps, pulled out the old propane camp stove and used it on the deck... moved we we knew we would need form the refrigerator bit it in a cooler and then left the refrigerator closed as long as possible...

This stuff isn't rocket science, and I would rather be doing it in the summer, when most times I have had do deal with long power outages it has been in the winter....

In the grand scheme of things being with out power for 3 or 4 days after a Hurricane comes through is nothing....Last night I watched a show about Mount St. Helens in 1980..... I also lived in Washington at that time.... talk about inconvience, try having your car engine destroyed because of Ash....

Okay I should stop now but I hope you get the point.... your whining up a small tree.