View Single Post
Old 07-09-2017, 06:37 PM   #18
garysanfran

Default Tamarack ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
You're killin' me with the photo! I need a fix!

On a slightly more sober note, I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Tamarack in Laconia. I have not been to Pop's, and I've been to Red Hill only once, but Tamarack's been by favorite in NH. Compared to Red Hill, I found Tamarack's clams a bit tastier and the outdoor seating much nicer.

Any thoughts from those who have been to Tamarack and Pop's on a compare and contrast?

Has been around for a very long time and has changed owners many times (some owners reportedly better at it than others). Great location, and an area landmark. I haven't been since I was a little kid (long time ago). My memories are very fond but it has got kind of poor reviews in the not-too-distant past and ignored for the last few years. I drove by it recently and thought I'd like to try the place again and sit at one of the picnic tables. I've never had a bad fried clam plate anywhere, just varying degrees of delicious wonderfulness.

Recently I had a fantastic fried clam dinner at Weathervanes (Lobster in the Rough), Weirs Beach. Went back three days later for the steamers...Also fantastic!

IF anyone has been to Tamarack recently, please let us know what you thought.
garysanfran is offline   Reply With Quote