View Single Post
Old 10-02-2021, 02:25 PM   #13
LakeDad

I’ve vacationed in the lakes region since I was a kid and grew up in southern NH.
I spent 26 years away, then started vacationing here again in 2018. I moved back here permanently this year.
It was actually surprising to me how much had NOT changed. I welcome this in most ways, but some change is inevitable.

I’m not making this political: I’m not partizan; both major political parties are full of crap and even libertarians are off on some weird planet fighting petty battles instead of ones that matter.
Extreme ends of the spectrums aside, I share some of the concerns, but it isn’t all bad and there is some opportunity in some of the change.

I can tell you this much: I didn’t come back here to try to make it like other states: No state income tax, no sales tax, lowish property tax, people who aren’t overly nosey, and general freedoms are what make this place great.

If you come here, bring a value or a job skill, don’t ask/vote for new entitlements and maybe we’ll be fine.

Some of this might be temporary: Covid has remote workers running for resort areas as a permanent residence, but some may run back when they realize it takes work to live where beauty and lifestyle comes before function.

Some won’t make it. They’ll be back to their concrete playground in no time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LakeDad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LakeDad For This Useful Post: