View Single Post
Old 09-22-2021, 09:08 PM   #132
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
We're a science-based company, so people follow the data and recognize that they will be a safer at work and the company will be at less risk of a covid-related shut down.
For a number of reasons I cannot disclose where I work, but my organization is a pioneer that has created the science and generated the safety data that impacts literally millions of people every day, and our science and data and most importantly our guidance is literally used all over the world.

I am blessed to be surrounded by people solving problems at all corners of the planet and working with governments in countless countries.

Since the beginning of this mess I have constantly been inundated with coworkers concerned about this matter with varying perspectives.

Most interesting to me is the number of people who have recently come forward to say "I am vaccinated, but do not want to share my medical status with anyone, its no ones business". And also the people who are saying "I have reviewed this matter and I am convinced I dont want the vaccine at this time, its not the right choice for me".

And these folks are as educated and experienced as anyone in their field.

I was most impressed to recently be at a military base when a high raking official asked my coworker if another person we work with was still the expert on a particular matter they were experiencing. For a moment I was genuinely awestruck.

Clearly this is a very polarizing matter, and after countless months of seeing the impact and personally suffering both the virus and its continuing lingering effects, which may well force me into early retirement, I am of a mind that we still need to respect individual choice above all else. Even given the state of COVID in the US. I cannot in good faith support mandatory/forced vaccination, and disparate treatment of people who choose not to be vaccinated. I do not fear anyone that is unvaccinated.

Like at any time before COVID I do try to avoid anyone who is clearly sick, but thats just common sense. But avoiding the unvaccinated simply because they are unvaccinated and based on what we now know seems, well to be frank, ignorant. Much like the ignorance we saw with HIV/AIDS, Autism, Downs and so many other matters over the years. Hopefully in time this will all come to pass.

Sorry if your opinion is different, I guess thats just life.
The Following User Says Thank You to XCR-700 For This Useful Post: