View Single Post
Old 09-21-2021, 12:17 PM   #85
gillygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCR-700 View Post
Why do you assume that you, me or anyone will become infected, get sick and suffer, when only ~10% of the population has tested positive to COVID, and well less than 1 percent have died. How does this constitute a threat so sever that your fear of infection overrides anyone elses free choice of medical treatment.

Isnt that fear of some significant impact from COVID the irrational concern?

My desire to allow others to choose their medical treatment.

Now if you had a continuing situation like NY saw in the beginning where they needed refrigerated trailers to store the dead bodies, I would agree with your concerns, but we are so far from that today and really dont understand how we continue with most of the current COVID actions.

The best medicine is what mother nature provides, not what shot you and others decide someone else needs. Human are built to adapt and overcome. Its not an instant solution, but it does work when you let it. So in reality isnt reserving medical intervention to those who are seeking it, or when you truly reach an emergency situation the better choice???

After all, you are the one concerned and yet you have taken yourself to FLA where the infection rate is higher then NH. And to do what, demand your neighbors get vaccinated so you can feel comfortable around them? Sorry that strikes me as backwards logic.
I’m really not worried about catching COVID because of the precautions I take, but I do worry for those who can’t get vaccinated. I worry what this is continuing to do to the economy. And I’m concerned at the lack of critical thinking by many in this country. My opinion, backed by science, is vaccination of more people will get us closer to normal faster.

Here in COVID Central, they brought in refrigerated trailers to store the bodies a few weeks ago, cancer treatments are being cancelled, and “elective surgeries” are being postponed. So by your standards, it is an emergency situation here.

You’re very good at assuming things about me just because I’m pro-vaccination. It’s what I hope people will do. If they’re civic-minded, they will. I demand nothing of my neighbors. It seems to me you’re the one demanding things.

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app