View Single Post
Old 02-02-2021, 10:57 AM   #23
Cal Coon

Quote:
Originally Posted by garysanfran View Post
The surge from these things severally damaged my dock. I had guests who tied up to the dock in the normal way anyone would have done. I wasn't there at the time, or I would have warned them that tying up without a spring line tied to a distant tree to pull the boat away from the boat slamming into the dock when one of these bad boys went by, was not a good idea in my location.

I contacted Don at Center Harbor Docks for repair at the end of last season. Nothing yet, since they are very busy. I hope I can get it repaired in the spring in time to get it destroyed again. I have no idea what replacing the broken supports will cost me.
I agree that these boats are a big problem for people who have camps/houses in nice quiet coves that attract these boats. I would be furious if my boat(s) sustained damage from bouncing off the dock(s), (or the bottom of the lake when the water is low), as a result of these wakes. It is definitely pretty rude when you drop anchor to relax, eat lunch, lay out, or whatever, and then you start bouncing all over the place because one of these guys just showed up and is just going round and round and round churning the place up like someone else mentioned. My fear is that if these boats get banned, where does it end?? This is definitely a big problem that will be very interesting to see how it plays out. Something has to give...
Cal Coon is offline   Reply With Quote