View Single Post
Old 06-19-2020, 06:26 AM   #86
rsmlp

Default politics and masks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbiesaukee View Post
Because that is exactly what this thread is about. It has nothing to do with history, medicine, and science.

Unfortunately, it has everything to do with politics and strongly held political beliefs.

Nothing wrong with discussing politics but at least label it as such.

You are 100% correct.

I don't know the stats but can pretty much guarantee you 90% of the anti mask group are Trump supporters who clearly have zero regard for science. Oh, and Major's persistent noting Dr "Fraud's" mask comments was an obvious attempt to justify his idiocy or ignorance. Fauci's comments were recorded when masks were in short supply and made so as to mitigate a run on them so that there would be an adequate supply for health professionals.

So here's the science; masks are the number one way to help stop a virus from spreading. This is so well accepted in science as to be fact. To the extent people in closed spaces are not using masks they are being selfish and rude. Personally, I don't give a damn if you want to put yourself at risk but when you put me and my family at risk, then that's a problem. That said, I know you dimwits will not change your behavior.

If our illustrious POTUS doesn't need to wear a mask why should I?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rsmlp For This Useful Post: