Thread: Gasoline thefts
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 12:02 PM   #15
brk-lnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifi View Post
Does anyone know for sure the laws involving video recording your property, or docks, also if your camera shot also goes off your property. For example, I video my dock and the shot shows the boats and a little of the public waterway around them.
Given that I work for a security camera/analytics startup, I have a bit of experience in this area

The short version is that you are free to record to video, or photograph, anything that occurs in public/plain sight. You cannot record audio without the other parties consent (there are exceptions to this, but for purposes here this will suffice).

So your dock cam can view or record anything that you as a human could see visually standing on your dock.

One of the unique things about my product is that the recording capability (up to a month or more) is built into the camera itself. So it is a self-contained camera and recorder. If anyone is having frequent problems with theft or vandalism, PM me and I may be able to loan you a demo unit for a couple of weeks.
brk-lnt is offline   Reply With Quote